The idea to migrate to Magento 2 should get you excited rather than scared. After all, you are going to be improving your eCommerce store and increasing your sales at the same time.
As a Magento Consultant, it’s in Adeo Web’s best interest to urge all Magento users to migrate to Magento 2; that means more potential business for us. But we’ve waited because in our world, scare tactics are not the way to go. Fact is, if you don’t migrate now, the world will not end. Magento is extending support until June 2020, so there’s no need to hit the panic button. However, by delaying, you are possibly putting your eCommerce store in a precarious position. With so many migrations yet to be undertaken, you don’t want to end up the mercy of the overburdened systems integrators’ queue.
So, with most migrations taking three to six months, June 2020, is not really that far off. But cheer up. Far from being a scary thought, the idea to migrate to Magento 2 should get you excited. After all, you are going to be improving your eCommerce store in several ways that should increase your sales. While migrations are seldom painless, this one should end up with you singing “Happy Days are Here Again!” Why are we so optimistic? That’s easy. It’s because we know from experience with our clients that Magento 2 is a better solution for your business and your customers. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Easier site administration. For you, the new administration interface will be much easier to use. This means you’ll waste less time screwing around with the layout of your store and more time selling
- Improved customer experience. If a page takes more than 2 seconds to load, a third or more of your potential customers just say vamoose. If the UX is unwieldy – the same result. Adeo Web can utilize the Magento 2 platform and our design expertise to make your customers’ user experience memorable – in a good way!
- Faster shopping cart. When people are getting ready to give you their money, their patience is generally at a minimum. And shoppers do not return to a site if its performance disappointed them once.
- Better search. If they can’t find it, they can’t buy it. Magento’s search capability left a lot to be desired; Magento 2 uses Elastic Search, which provides a much-improved experience. If you’re looking for truly intelligent search, Magento 2’s suite of APIs makes it easy for us to add tools like Nextopia to your site.
- Better mobile experience. It’s expected that 2019 will prove out to be the first holiday season in which the majority of online buying was done from a mobile device. If your site is not optimized for mobile, it could be a long cold holiday for your sales. Magento 2 is optimized for mobile performance. And, Adeo Web can build you a killer mobile app to encourage sales and customer loyalty.
- Security. PHP 6 is out of support. No more upgrades, not even security upgrades. This is a situation that you cannot ignore from your perspective or your customers’. Staying with Magento 1 is a bad idea. Magento 2 features a more secure code and also provides enhanced security by allowing you to use several payment gateways.
- B2B. Magento 2 is packed with new B2C and B2B features. If you’re not selling B2B, you’re missing out on a growing and dynamic market segment.
- Extensibility. The Magento 2 platform was built to allow you more flexibility to build in personalized features and utilize easier extension updates.
Are you convinced yet? You should be! The health of your business depends on it! Don’t let your eCommerce success stay anchored in the past. Take a walk on the bridge to the future, the new and improved giant of the eCommerce world: Magento 2.
And, don’t forget to call Adeo Web to help with your migration. To quote Albert Einstein, “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”
At Adeo Web, we make the migration to Magento 2 as simple as it was meant to be.